Canada v USA Fan Advisory
Posted on 8 November 2017 in Women's National Team / Olympic Team
Ahead of Thursday’s highly anticipated Canada v USA match at BC Place, we wanted to share some important information to help make your event experience as memorable as possible.
BE PART OF A ‘SEA OF RED’
Canada’s Women’s National Team is calling on all fans to show their Canadian pride, and with a full house expected, the building is going to be rocking! The colour of the day will be RED so prepare your attire accordingly!
ARRIVE EARLY AND JOIN THE PARTY!
With a capacity crowd expected for Thursday’s showdown, fans are encouraged to arrive early to BC Place. The party will get started with a Fan Fest in the Terry Fox Plaza (off Beatty Street, Adjacent to Gates A & H). Canada Soccer and its Partners will be hosting games and distributing giveaways to fans on their way into the stadium.
Enter at any gate! All gates will open one hour prior to kick off at 6:00pm and the first 5,000 fans on-site will receive a free commemorative match day roster sheet. If you find that your gate is busy, keep moving around the stadium as all gates will be open and all tickets are accepted at all gates.
GET #CANADARED ON THE CONCOURSE & MEET FORMER WOMEN’S NATIONAL TEAM STARS
Inside the stadium, Canada Soccer and its partners have set-up interactive activities and giveaways around the concourse to help fans get ready for the match. Highlights include:
- Meet former Canada’s Women’s National Team stars and 2012 Olympic Bronze Medallists Brittany Baxter Timko, Chelsea Stewart, and Kelly Parker at Section 216 from 6:15pm to 6:45pm courtesy of Bell
- Toyota Canada, Proud Mobility Partner of Canada Soccer, will be activating near Section 209. Visit their location to see the 2018 lineup, participate in the Toyota Memory Match game and enter the Ultimate Canadian Experience Contest
- Check out Canada Soccer at Section 231 to pick-up the match day roster sheet (while supplies last), Canada Soccer tattoos, and test your Canadian Soccer knowledge for a chance to win a signed jersey by Canada’s Women’s National Team
- Get #CANADARED match ready with face painting courtesy of Bell at Section 216 (Available pre-game and at half time)
- Grab a sample of your favourite Maynard’s product from the brand ambassador team near Gate C / Section 227
- Catch the Bell Drummers dynamic musical performance around the stadium concourse prior to kick off and at half time
- Explore British Columbia’s rich soccer history by visiting the BC Sports Hall of Fame display at Section 253
SCORE YOUR OFFICIAL CANADA SOCCER MERCHANDISE
Merchandise kiosks will be operational near sections 222, 249, and 206 offering official Canada Soccer Umbro merchandise including National Team jerseys, Canada Soccer scarves and more.
HALFTIME CELEBRATION CEREMONY
Shortly after the halftime whistle, Canada Soccer will celebrate the careers of three former Canadian Women's National Team stars – Brittany Baxter Timko, Chelsea Stewart, and Kelly Parker - all of whom were members of Canada Soccer's historic London 2012 Olympic Bronze Medal winning team. Stay in your seats and join us in honouring these athletes.
To get the most out of your event experience, fans are encouraged to engage with Canada Soccer and other fans via Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and Snapchat. Use the hashtags #WNTRivalry and #CanadaRED to join the conversation.
BC PLACE BAG POLICY
For ease of access, guests are encouraged not to bring bags to the stadium. Bags larger than 14’’ x 14’’ x 6’’ are not permitted into the stadium. Special considerations will be made for guests with medical needs and parents caring for infants. All spectators are subject to a pat down upon entry into BC Place, and all bags smaller than 14’’x14’’x6’’ will be inspected prior to entry. The Bicycle Valet will be on site across from Gate C and will accept oversize bags as part of their service. Bags left with Bike Valet will be subject to a search before being accepted.
ACCESSIBILTY, DIRECTIONS AND PARKING
Check out the BC Place Visiting Guide for complete information on Accessibility, Directions, Food & Beverage, Guest Policies and Parking.
KEY BC PLACE INFO
Will Call: Gate H (Opens at 4:30pm)
Stroller Parking: Section 225
Guest Services: Section 234
Prohibited Items: Find the complete list of Prohibited Items here.
In/Out Privileges: Not Permitted
Concessions: Cash or Credit Accepted (no debit)
Water Bottle Policy: Empty, soft plastic personal bottles are permitted. Metal, including aluminum, any glass or hard plastic bottles are prohibited. Permitted water bottles may be filled at water fountains inside the stadium.
BC Place Guest Relations staff will be on hand to help make your experience as memorable as possible. If you require assistance during the match, speak with our Hosting staff or email firstname.lastname@example.org / for enquiries after an event please call 604-669-2300. BC Place is available on Twitter for guest service inquiries at @BCPlace.
THE BICYCLE VALET
For those fans who would like to ride their bike to the stadium, complimentary and secure bike parking is provided by The Bicycle Valet located outside the stadium across from Gate C. For more details, visit thebicyclevalet.ca.
$2 ENTRY TO BC SPORTS HALL OF FAME
Entrance to the BC Sports Hall of Fame is just $2 all day on November 9th for ticket holders. Learn more here.
Most importantly, be loud and be proud! We look forward to seeing you at BC Place on Thursday night!
Go Canada Go