Canada v Germany – Match Day Fan Experience
Posted on 6 June 2018 in Women's National Team / Olympic Team
For fans attending Sunday’s highly anticipated Canada v Germany match at Tim Hortons Field in Hamilton, please find important information to help make your match day experience as positive as possible.
BE PART OF A ‘SEA OF RED’
Canada’s Women’s National Team is calling on all fans to show their Canadian pride, and with a full house, the building is going to be rocking! The colour of the day will be RED so prepare your attire accordingly!
ARRIVE EARLY AND JOIN THE PARTY!
With a capacity crowd expected for Sunday’s showdown, fans are encouraged to arrive early to Tim Hortons Field. The festivities will get started at 12noon with a Fan Festival in the South Plaza (at the corner of Balsam Ave and Cannon Street, adjacent to Gates 1 & 2). Meet former Canadian Women’s National Team stars Candace Chapman and Jonelle Filigno, participate in family friendly activities from Canada Soccer and its partners and pick-up some awesome giveaways before heading into the stadium.
All gates will be open at 1:00pm, one hour prior to the 2:00pm kick off, and the first 5,000 fans on-site will receive a free commemorative match day roster sheet. Please enter through the gate listed on your ticket. Per Tim Hortons Field security protocol, security wanding will be in effect at all stadium gates. Please remember to remove the contents of your pockets, including your phone, and have your game tickets ready for presentation to reduce wait times to enter.
2018 CANADA SOCCER HALL OF FAME CELEBRATION CEREMONY
Be sure to find your seats early as Canada Soccer will honour 2018 Canada Soccer Hall of Fame inductee Candace Chapman in a special ceremony just prior to kick off. An Olympic Games bronze medalist at London 2012 and Concacaf champion with Canada Soccer’s Women’s National Team, Candace played in two FIFA Women’s World Cups, two Olympic Football Tournaments, and five Concacaf tournaments during her illustrious Canadian Women’s National Team career.
PRE-MATCH FAN FESTIVAL
The ‘Fan Fest’ will feature a number of interactive activities and exciting giveaways from Canada Soccer and it’s partners, including:
- Meet former Canada’s Women’s National Team star and 2018 Canada Soccer Hall of Fame inductee Candace Chapman at the Bell area from 1:00PM until 1:45PMJoin Toyota to ramp up the energy and excitement levels at their fun-filled area with games, prizes and the opportunity to win a trip for four to a future Women’s National Team match
- Meet Olympic Bronze Medallist Jonelle Filigno at the Toyota activation space from 12:00PM to 12:45PM
- Test your shooting accuracy and show off your soccer skills at the Allstate kicking cage
- Check out Canada Soccer’s tent to pick-up the match day roster sheet (while supplies last), Canada Soccer tattoos and stickers, and test your Canadian Soccer knowledge for a chance to win a signed jersey by Canada’s Women’s National Team
- Catch the Bell Drumline dynamic musical performance
- And more!
INSIDE THE STADIUM
Inside the stadium, Canada Soccer and its partners have set-up a number of interactive activities around the concourse to help fans get ready for the match. Highlights include:
- Play the Toyota “Strike It!” game which measures kicking speed and be sure to send Canada’s Women’s team good wishes by writing on a Toyota Sienna
- Catch the Bell Drummers dynamic musical performance around the stadium concourse prior to kick off and at half time
- Explore Hamilton’s rich soccer history by visiting the Hamilton Soccer Hall of Fame display near Section 119
TIM HORTONS FIELD FAN GUIDE
Directions: Driving to the game? Click here for Google Maps directions. If you're using a GPS, the stadium address is 64 Melrose Ave. N.
Parking: Paid parking lots will be available and will range from $15-$25 on the day of the match. For details on specific parking lot locations and prices, click here.
Ticket Office: The Ticket Office and Will Call windows (located at the corner of Balsam Ave. and Cannon St.) will be open at 9:00AM on match day.
Access to Your Seats: Please enter the gate identified on your ticket. Click here to see the different gate locations around the stadium.
Prohibited Items: For a list of prohibited items click here.
Smoking Policy: Smoking is NOT permitted within Tim Hortons Field or on City of Hamilton property. This includes the use of e-cigarettes.
Tim Hortons Field Parking Map
GUEST ASSISTANCE (C.A.T. TEAM)
Need help locating the washrooms or concessions? Can't find your seat location? Need assistance getting up the stairs? The C.A.T. Team is here to help you! Look for the C.A.T. Team staff in red Tim Hortons Field jackets. Guests can also text questions or concerns at any time to Guest Assist at 905-581-9989
SCORE YOUR OFFICIAL CANADA SOCCER MERCHANDISE
Merchandise kiosks will be operational near section 102, 108 and 115 and inside Gates 4 & 5 offering official Canada Soccer Umbro merchandise including the recently unveiled new Home / Red National Team jerseys, Canada Soccer scarves and more.
To get the most out of your event experience, fans are encouraged to engage with Canada Soccer and other fans via Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and Snapchat. Use the hashtags #CANWNT and #CanadaRED to join the conversation.
Most importantly, be loud and be proud! We look forward to seeing you at Tim Hortons Field on Sunday!
Go Canada Go