Canada arrives in Houston ahead of derby against Americans
Posted on 27 January 2013 in Men's National Team
Canada arrived in Houston, TX on Sunday 27 January ahead of a Men's International Friendly against USA on Tuesday 29 January (local-kick off 20.00). The mach will be televised live in Canada on Sportsnet West and Sportsnet ONE at 21.00 ET / 18.00 PT.
The team trained in Houston on Sunday evening and will take part in a final session at BBVA Compass Stadium on Monday morning.
A young Canadian side endured a tough day at the office on Saturday, losing 4:0 to Denmark in Tucson, AZ, in the team's first of two January friendlies.
After the match in Tucson, Interim Head Coach Colin Miller spoke of 'lessons learned' from the loss against a quality Danish side and the team will be looking to put in an improved performance in the North American derby on Tuesday night.
- Goalkeeper Lars Hirschfeld will not be available for Canada on Tuesday due to an injury precaution.
- Canada drew 0:0 with USA in the most recent meeting between the two teams on 3 June, 2012 at BMO Field in Toronto, on the day the Canadian Soccer Associaiton celebrated its centennial anniversary.
- Canada has not defeated USA in a senior 'A' men's match since 1985.
- Canada has not defeated USA in a men's match in the United States since 1957.
- Eight players on the current Canada MNT roster were part of the Canada M23 team that defeated USA 2:0 at last year's CONCACAF Olympic Qualifying Tournament.
Additional Canada MNT video: De Rosario speaks on WCQs, injury, future with MNT